Saturday, July 14, 2012

Random thought: hobbies

Everytime I am asked 'What is your hobby?' I think to myself 'Oh please not that again' merely because I don't have any. Yeah I don't. 'Watching movies... Hanging out with friends...' I say, while thinking 'Who told you I am supposed to have a hobby? Who made that rule?' People can sense that and make that face as if to say 'Ugh is that all you do? Boring.'
But when I hear other people talk about their hobbies, it's always dancing, swimming, reading, 'Oh I learn 648645 languages all by myself', 'I play the piano', 'I do this, I do that...'
At times like these I wonder if I'm the only one in the world who doesn't know what to do in their spare time. Watching movies is not an option. Nor is hanging out with friends. For two simple reasons:
1. Everybody does that;
2. I don't have friends I enjoy constant hanging out with.
Fine. You're right. My life is boring. It's more boring than anyone else's. But having or not having any hobbies does not make me a less interesting person than you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment